To receive emergency food, please visit our Integrative Services office at:
650 Second Street, Encinitas
or call (760) 753-8300
Monday/Lunes – Friday/Viernes: 8:30 AM – 12:30* PM
*Please arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to closing to receive food services. Tickets will be provided until 12pm.
How it works: Come to our Integrative Services lobby to receive a food ticket. Then take your ticket and wait outside 6 feet apart in a line and come up to the counter table. No identification required. In keeping with social distancing, we allow one person into our lobby at a time. Face coverings are required for visits to CRC (get instructions to make your own cloth face covering).
or call (760) 753-8300
Our Food and Nutrition Center offers participants a dignified shopping experience where they can select their own food staples, along with fresh food. Caring volunteers guide participants through the Center to select their food. Local grocery stores and community groups donate thousands of food items through our Fresh Rescue Program that CRC picks up daily. We provide:
- First Light Food Distribution Program: Individuals who are homeless or those in need of emergency food can access this food distribution program daily. We provide food such as bread, produce and ready-to-eat items.
- Weekly Food Assistance: Individuals and families can shop in our Food & Nutrition Center and choose items they need. This program is available to seniors, individuals who are unable to work because of a disability, individuals affected by domestic violence, and participants who are working with an Integrative Services Case Manager to gain self-sufficiency.
- USDA Commodities Program: USDA food distributed daily; one monthly allotment per family, eligibility based on income.
- CalFresh (Food Stamp) and Medi-Cal application assistance.
- Nutrition Consults: Meet with a Registered Dietitian for nutrition recommendations. Learn more
- Meal Preparation and Nutrition Class: Program participants may sign up for meal preparation and cooking classes that are made available in conjunction with our program partners and staff.
- Holiday Baskets: Distribution of staple foods and other household essentials.
*CRC is a CalFresh Outreach Subcontractor
Amount of food that was distributed through our Food & Nutrition Center (FNC).
The average family of four saves an average of $91.04 a week utilizing the FNC to supplement their food resources.
Total client visits to our Food Distribution Center totaled 12,568 – all served by caring volunteers under CRC staff supervision.
Amount of food distributed through our Holiday Baskets Program.