- This event has passed.
Holiday Baskets 2023
December 1, 2023 - December 16, 2023
Now in its 41st year, Community Resource Center’s Holiday Baskets helps ensure low-income households have a wonderful holiday experience while giving them some economic breathing room, so scarce dollars may be spent on other needs such as rent, utilities or transportation. During the month of December, Holiday Baskets will include:
1) Shopping Experience:
- A “dignity of choice” shopping experience for CRC clients at a local store, to choose new, most needed items
- A voucher to select gently-used items at CRC’s Resale stores
- A new blanket and fresh produce
2) Holiday Backpacks: Sturdy backpacks filled with personal care items, nonperishable food/snacks and special gifts, so that CRC’s unsheltered neighbors will have the essentials needed for winter.
3) Senior Gifts: Delivered to seniors, gift bags are filled with items to make the holiday more special and help them navigate life with more comfort.
For more details and information on how you can help support Holiday Baskets, please visit the program website.
Holiday Baskets program registration is limited to CRC clients, who will be contacted directly by their case manager, receive an invitation to register via email, or may register in person at 650 2nd Street. If you are not a CRC client, please check 211 San Diego for information on additional holiday programs that might be available.