Rental assistance for Solana Beach residents experiencing hardship due to COVID-19
The City of Solana Beach provides one-time grants to cover past due and future rent payments for eligible households financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. If you live in Solana Beach and have struggled to pay your rent due to a loss of income or COVID-19 illness, you may be eligible for help.
COVID-19 Related Financial Hardship: Households must have experienced a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19. This includes loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19, being COVID-19 positive or caring for someone who is/was COVID-19 positive, or increase in medical expenses incurred as a direct result of COVID-19.
Income Limits: Total current annualized household income must not exceed 80% of the household size-adjusted Area Median Income as established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (See chart below)
Other Eligibility Notes:
- Households must be residents of Solana Beach.
- Households must not receive any other forms of rental subsidy such as Section 8 or other rental assistance programs, rapid rehousing assistance, or rental assistance from non-profit agencies.
- Only one application per residence will be permitted.
- The applicant’s landlord must agree to participate in the program to process the one-time emergency rental assistance grant. Payment will be made directly to the landlord on behalf of the applicant household.
- For more information on emergency rental assistance payments through the city please contact CRC at (760) 300-3238
For questions about our COVID-19 rental assistance in Solana Beach, please contact our Integrative Services Office at (760) 300-3238 or using the contact form below.
CRC is currently offering rental assistance in the cities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas and Solana Beach. For assistance outside of these cities, please contact 2-1-1 San Diego for additional resources.