If you’d like to support Holiday Baskets, your gift of $100 will cover the cost of the items in a family gift box, ensuring a local family will receive items to make their holiday brighter! On the donation form, please be sure to enter “Family Box” in the Comments box. Thank you!
All throughout the year, CRC helps individuals and families create paths to healthy food, stable homes and safe relationships. This year, our 39th Annual Holiday Baskets program will serve 900 households plus 200 seniors. Households will receive food, gifts, blankets and jackets in a drive-through distribution on December 4, while holiday gift bags will be delivered to seniors. The food and other items we provide help ensure everyone has a wonderful holiday experience, while giving low-income households some breathing room, so scarce dollars may be spent on other needs such as rent, utilities or transportation.
This year’s Holiday Baskets program registration will be limited to existing CRC participants and two community registration partners, MiraCosta College and Easter Seals who work with families throughout San Diego’s north county.
Registration is currently closed.
Please see 211 San Diego for information on additional holiday programs that might be available.
Please contact the Integrative Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-300-3238 if you have additional questions.
For Current or New Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Holiday Baskets 2021! Please note the following information on how we will be filling spots this year.
- We are currently working to create a list of volunteer needs for HB 2021. We anticipate our volunteer need to be 10-20% of our needs for an in-person distribution.
- Once we have the list, we’ll start reaching out to groups to fill the spots, with priority given to Annual Partners, Partner Community Groups (e.g., Rotary, NCL, TVIA) and volunteers who helped at last year’s Holiday Baskets.
- Volunteers will be scheduled by our Scheduling Captain, Sheri. There is no self-scheduling option this year as COVID protocols still require us to gather more paperwork than in years past.
- Each group will be offered a limited number of slots so we can provide opportunities to as many different volunteers as possible.
- If you do not receive an email by early November – and you are included in one of the groups listed in #2 above – please reach out to HBVolunteer@crcncc.org for information on volunteering.
CRC Partners at specific levels will receive priority scheduling for select volunteer opportunities. Learn more about becoming a Partner.
CRC needs the community’s help!
Donation drives, financial contributions and volunteering are critical to making sure every household and senior has a great Holiday Baskets experience.
Thank you to everyone who has hosted a drive. We are no longer registering new donation drives. We are still in need of financial contributions to finish filling the family boxes. A gift of $100 will cover the cost of filling one family box.
Holiday Baskets still needs some items to complete the 900 Family Boxes we are packing. Call Cathie at 530.417.5186 or email her at email@example.com to find out how you can donate the most needed items.