What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected
CRC collects personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. CRC also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your zip code, preferences, interests and favorites. Individuals that sign up to receive CRC e-communications voluntarily provide us with contact information (such as name and e-mail address). We may use this information for specific, limited purposes. You may always “opt out,” either now or at any time in the future, if you do not wish to receive our messages.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by CRC. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by CRC for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the CRC website.
www.CRCNCC.org contains links to external websites. Community Resource Center is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Community Resource Center website.
www.CRCNCC.org uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you’re particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of www.CRCNCC.org, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your web browser accordingly.
How Your Information May Be Used
We use your personal information to provide you with personalized service; to send e-mail alerts to you; to answer your requests; to process your volunteer applications and item pick-up requests; etc. CRC may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. You may choose to opt out at any time, which will cease all communications from us. We may also use your information to track visitors of our website. This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties, such as but not limited to, grantor agencies.
CRC does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization.
www.CRCNCC.org includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the www.CRCNCC.org domain, and CRC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
Security of Your Personal Information
CRC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. CRC secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We collect and store personal information that you share with us. Below are examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website, or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or email, with an inquiry. We may then collect information such as your name, address, email, or telephone number in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and other contact information if you register for and/or attend an event.
- We may collect information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, Blackbaud eTapestry, over the phone, by mailing in a check, or any other manner in which you might make a contribution.
- Information you give us on gift agreements or other forms (such as your name, address and donation information).
- Information about your charitable gifts and grant transactions with us (such as your donation history and parties to transactions).
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by CRC. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
CRC restricts access to personal information to those employees who need to know that personal information to provide our services to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
CRC respects and values the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our donors’ personal information.
- We will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal information, collected on the website or through any business activities, with anyone else.
- Donors may opt in to share testimonials with CRC, which may be featured on CRC’s website, e-newsletter or other publications.
- Donor names may be featured in recognition lists with other donors at their associated giving level in CRC publications such as the website or annual report. Upon making a donation to CRC, the donor may indicate their anonymity preference, thus determining their preference to be featured in such publications.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit card, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supplied to us, and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Community Resource Center
650 Second St.
Encinitas, CA 92024