1 in 5 children in San Diego struggle with food insecurity.
Families who rely on free and reduced lunch during the school year often struggle in the summer months to receive the nutrition and the food that they need. CRC distributes food and personal care items to more than 400 families each month. You can help keep our shelves stocked during this crucial season!
Food Wish List:
Non-perishable foods such as:
- Canned soups*, sauce, meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, beans, evaporated milk
- Peanut butter
- Condiments: salad dressing, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard
- Dry 1-2 lb packages: pasta, rice, beans (black), lentils, flour, sugar, salt
- Oatmeal and cereal
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Pasta sauces
- Cooking oil (24 oz. or smaller)
- Spices (salt, pepper, chili powder)
*Our participants also need can openers! Please, no glass except jars of baby food, no juice bottles, no chips
Items can be dropped off or delivered to our office at 650 Second Street, Encinitas, CA 92024.
Thank you for your support!