Holiday Baskets Lead Volunteer Opportunities
We are looking for some high-level volunteer involvement for the 2018 Holiday Baskets season! All positions will be volunteer, non-paid positions that will provide on-site training and lots of smiles. Applicants for these positions will need to go through an interview process and placement is not guaranteed.
Please email Sara Rosenbaum, Volunteer Manager, if you would like to sign up or be considered for any of these volunteer opportunities.
Holiday Baskets Registration Team
- Register families for Holiday Baskets
Various administrative tasks including data entry
Check in families and/or assist with troubleshoot support table on distribution days
- Background check. Existing CRC volunteers with Livescan preferred (volunteers must be cleared to handle client data)
- Familiarity with internet, Microsoft Excel, and ability to use a tablet
- Willing to commit to volunteering September through December
- Attend 1 time Training in August
Food Captain Apprentice
- Shadow the other Food Captains to learn the Food Box side of Holiday Baskets
- Help lead groups during the two weeks in December to sort and pack food
- Learn how to pack a specialty diet box, and regular box to demonstrate to volunteers
- Learn how to do food inventory and communicate with CRC staff any needs
- Gain Valuable leadership experience
- Willing to attend a once a month meeting starting in August with more regular meetings nearing December
- Available multiple days and some nights in December to help run operations of the Food Sorting and Boxing
- Good Communicator, Attention to Detail, Energetic, ability to lift 30 pounds or more, and a good people person
Group Opportunities for Holiday Baskets 2018!
If you would like to donate items, please contact Pat Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.