Thank you to the many people who donate items to support CRC. We are grateful for this essential support that works together with the funding we receive to offer the community quality services!
CRC gratefully accepts:
Donate Food & Necessities During COVID-19
If you are wondering how you can help your community, we are especially in need of the following items at this time:
- Canned soup (hearty soups, chicken noodle, chili)
- Canned vegetables and sauces
- Canned fruits
- Canned foods with pull tops (for homeless individuals who don’t have a can opener)
- Cereal, oatmeal (family-size packages), snack and granola bars
- Bagged beans
- Cooking oil
- Full-size cleaning products including bleach, disinfectant, comet, laundry soap, dish soap
- Full-size personal care products like shampoo, mouthwash, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, hand soap and toilet paper
Senior Meals Wish List:
The following items are especially needed to provide for our meals for seniors.
- Ready-to-eat non-perishable items such as oatmeal packets/cups, ramen, macaroni and cheese cups, fruit cups, protein shakes, granola bars, individuals snack packs, nuts, etc.
- Uber Eats, Grubhub or DoorDash gift cards for use by clients for the weekend or for holidays when meals aren’t delivered
- Small grocery bags to package meals for delivery
- Small travel cooler
- Can openers
If you are a restaurant and would like to provide meals for seniors in our community, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to drop off donations:
We are offering contact-less donation drop-offs Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm via the alley behind CRC’s office at 650 Second St. in Encinitas. There you will find a donations table with donation receipts. You may leave your donations there, or if you need help unloading items, please look for a staff person in the doorway to the Food & Nutrition Center (to the right of the donations table) or contact Cindy Collins at 760-230-6307.
For the latest updates, visit our COVID-19 Updates page.
Additional note about donations of other items:
Please do not drop off anything other than food and personal care items to our office on Second Street. Drop-offs of alternative items results in additional expense for us. Help us maximize our resources … please be mindful when you pack up your vehicle. Thank you for your understanding!
Do you have donations for our Resale Stores? Please visit our Resale Stores page for donation information. Thank you!
- Laundry Soap
- Dish Soap
- Shampoo/Conditioner (regular sizes, not travel size)
- Adult Diapers
- Feminine Pad/Tampons
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towels
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Body Lotion
- Body Wash
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Paper (Standard 8.5 x 11)
- Post-its – all sizes
- Pens – black and blue ink
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Multifold towels
- Clorox Wipes
- Store size shampoo
- Store size conditioner
- Store size shower gel
- 12 new twin size sheets
- 3 new full size sheets
- 6 twin size comforters
- 6 full size comforters
- New women’s underwear: s, m, l, xl, xxl
- Men’s underwear
- Girl’s underwear
- Boy’s underwear
WHY Community Resource Center? Safety. Stability. Self-Sufficiency
Founded in 1979, Community Resource Center (CRC) is a nonprofit organization serving residents throughout San Diego North County. CRC is dedicated to helping women and children, individuals, and families live safe, self-sufficient lives by providing critical assistance in the areas of domestic violence services, food programs, and emergency and transitional housing assistance.